Skip to content
Installation into BaseCamp/MapSource [Windows]
- If you don’t have it, install BaseCamp or Mapsource
- Download archive with map (extension * .zip)
- Unzip it to a folder with your maps (usually C:/Garmin)
- Open the folder, find the file install.bat, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
- Follow the instructions of the installer
- Maps are updated by overwriting the original files with those from the archive (the easiest way is to delete the original files and upload new ones)
- To uninstall it, use the file uninstall.bat, again you have to run it as an administrator
- ATTENTION! For some reason, installing maps from BaseCamp to GPS does not work (Mapsource is not affected by this error). Use the instructions below to install the map to GPS.
Installation into GPS
Be careful not to save the map in the GPS memory – it could block the device. You use them at your own risk and I, as the author, bear no responsibility for the damage caused by them!
- Download file *.img
- If you have a very old GPS (eg Garmin Etrex Legend HCx):
- It doesn’t support multiple map files, so you must back up your original maps! first
- Rename the downloaded file to gmapsupp.img and upload it to the Garmin folder on your GPS memory card.
- It is not possible to run multiple maps in this way, so I prefer to install them in MapSource and then upload the maps using the program
- If you have a newer GPS, simply save the file to the Garmin folder on your device’s memory card.